Friday 4 May 2012

use the difficulty

It's been a while folks since sending anything out and for that I apologise. Although sitting at home in jog pants listening to i-tunes and writing a blogg is super enjoyable given how I used to work, there comes a time when I need to deliver business and to do that I need to win business for me and the team.
Last monday I got nearly 5 'no to business' emails in as many minutes and then coupled with various personal happenings, I decided things were going south pretty quickly and thus put myself in a bad mood for most of the week.

unlike me.

My jounrneys of personal learning though have taught me that there is much to learn from each emotion. A good one will intensify the more it's expereicned and a bad one will eventually dissappear. the key thing is not to force the change but observe what's going on.

Easier said and done when caught up in the emotions. Having said all that - here is my learning and point for you. Years ago, I was watching t.v. and this Parky interview was on. All I remember was this bit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNQc1Cv7Lg

I liked used the difficulty as the mantra is within every situation there is a kernel of something that is useful.

This week, I notived I was proper upset and frustrated with how work was going and decided to indulge being cross and angry and sure enough it went away and was replaced by a 'can do' and 'ill show you' and a little of 'we'll let's get to it' energy.

As a result we've a series of convrsations and pitches that should keep the business floating and mortgaged fathers and mothers afloat over the next few months.

But many a slip between cup and lip...

so cross your fingers for us and i'll be doing the same for you right now.

have a good weekend.

xa

No comments:

Post a Comment